Wednesday 12 May 2010

Targus CityGear Chicago Backpack Case for 15.4 Inch Notebooks TCG650

The Targus CityGear Los Angeles 18.4inch Notebook Carrying Case is very well made, sharp looking and overall very nice. I bought the case because the Toshiba site said my new Toshiba 18.4 inch screen Qosmio laptop would fit into it. Not exactly correct information. Although I've now seen some sites that have changed the info from 18.4 to 17 inch maximum.

For my laptop it is a very tight fit..hard to get the laptop in to or out of and it would be a time consuming nightmare to take it through TSA airport checkpoints as you would have to remove the laptop for screening. The laptop compartment is in the middle of the case (obviously to provide padding/protection) and is top loading only. This would take forever. I realize my laptop is big and I would probably never take it on a plane but others might have laptops as big or almost as big that need to travel with their machines.

Be ready to get frustrated at the difficulty you will encounter when minutes count getting through security. For just a good case to protect or store your big laptop, I think this one is great. I would recommend it for that purpose only. Unfortunately, I have not found another large case for my Toshiba...so may have to improvise by getting something even larger that's on wheels in case I ever travel with it on a plane and hope I could find something big enough for the machine but small enough to carry on.

For anything smaller than an 18.4inch, the case is worth the money. I gave it a 5 star rating because it's a quality case and Targus is a good brand.

No comments: