Wednesday 19 January 2011

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

The book's factual account of Louis Zamperini's life from birth to the full redemption of the horrors of WWII and being a Prisoner in the worst prisoner of war camps you could never have imagined until this book grippingly takes you there. Having to face pure evil in life isn't a life anyone wants to live, but you will taste the edge of it while reading. The consequences and the lives touched by one man's odyssey into hell and back. Gripping book with a punch of emotions that might take your breath away.

I bought this book for my Latest Kindle. I wasn't sure if the tactile connection to a hardback or a paperback was going to be so missing that I wouldn't bond with the story. I thought maybe the Kindle would be too "sterile". Nothing could be farther from the truth! My heart went on the journey though Louis' life in this book, the Kindle enhanced the quick page turning and the ability to pick the story up whenever and wherever I left it. There were times I cried, and times I laughed. And times that I just had a sense of the intense power of this book, through Zamp's life.

I highly recommend this book. Truthfully, it changed my life. Forgiveness is a powerful act and you will be confronted with it for your own life after reading this book.

Excellent read!

No comments: