Friday 9 April 2010

Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor

I stopped using this device altogether because it can't locate GPS satellites where I start my runs in New York City (Midtown Manhattan) due to the tall buildings.

I often found myself waiting and worrying about trying to get a satellite location rather than focusing on the actual run.

The included software for reading your GPS data is also antiquated and confusing.

The heart rate monitor function works very well, better than a cheaper Timex model I previously owned. But I'd rather have a standalone HRM with a smaller watch since the GPS doesn't work for me.

I gave it 4 stars over all, because again, the criticisms aren't deal breakers, in day in day out use on actual runs this device shines, it's all the stuff ancillary to the run where garmin needs to work on improvements, like the data anaylsis, drivers, HRM strap update, etc.

No comments: