Saturday 10 April 2010

Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything

Growing up my sister stashed Hostess chocolate pies in her dresser drawer when "Ruby called", she would chase me demon-like down the hall after I partook. My aunt used to eat nothing but potatoes, at least 30 pounds a week. My mother would consume an entire Angel food cake then take 6 diet pills and smoke a Lucky Strike afterwards.

My grandma used to look through an entire rack of Twinkies just to purchase the select few with cream splitting the sides. A chick I work with cannot order from a menu, she cannot make up her mind and changes selections seventeen times over while others are pulling hair out of their heads, then she orders a grilled cheese. Another chick I work with had bariatric surgery and looks like a sag and bag Shar Pei, and she brags about it! She had the saline stomach band released temporarily so she could consume more food on a Carnival Cruise.

Matter of fact, most of the duck-shaped women I work with deny food when offered and I never see them eating. And they are always dieting or starting a new fitness routine. If so, then how did they get a butt like a bag of Bisquick? Or that waddle like an old-fashioned pie wagon rolling down the street? Would I be right to think they are eating like horses when they get home? I should be buying stock in corn tortillas, magnesium citrate and glass jars.

What is up with you chicks and your bizarre-freaky-psycho eating habits? I don't get it. Never will. Maybe this book will heal you in an Oprah-like manner. The title scare me to death too, is this chick-humor? Kinda got that Glenn Close/Fatal Attraction feel to it. Compulsive eating? Why don't you compulse over vacuuming the front room? Because the nice little lines in the carpet might remind you of a Triscuit. Whatever works just quit being weird over food. Read this book, change, do something, pretty please.

By the way, my wife read this book and ordered me to the fruit market to buy some fresh figs...guess who farted all night like a Scottish bagpipe convention? The dog even left the room. A man can't win.

No comments: