Saturday 3 July 2010

ReaderMate Book Holder

I was originally looking for a traditional BookChair - the one everyone seems to have. I didn't buy one in the end, because I thought this one would be easier to move about with. It's lightweight, folds up easily, comes in a plastic cover to protect it, the cover can also be put inside a ringbinder.

On the whole, I'm very happy with my buy. The Readermate definitely does make reading a lot easier, especially if you have to get through a lot of books in one day and need to make notes by hand/ on computer from them. It holds a large variety of books and, despite its ostensibly flimsy look, it can hold quite heavy, large hardbacks.

My only reservation is that it holds all the books I need - apart from my primary texts, which are standard paperback novels. I don't want to break the spine on them and two of them are quite thick (the spine is about 2 - 4 cm thick) so the Readermate keeps on closing in on itself. This aside, if you're a student (like me!), I would definitely recommend getting one.

No comments: