Wednesday 10 March 2010

SwissGear Computer Backpack (Gray/Red)



When I moved to Portland Oregon I swore I would not join the ranks of backpack toting commuters. I continued to carry my east coast attache/tote bag refusing to succumb. But it wasn't easy carrying my personal coffee cup, my frugal recession busting lunch, my book for reading on the bus, an umbrella in case it rains, a hat in case it doesn't rain and gets cold instead. You get the picture. I struggled but I resisted.

The I visited my tailor to have some sleeves hemmed and she remarked on how much lower my right shoulder was than my left. I gave in and went backpack shopping on Amazon .

I decided to purchase an inexpensive backpack. I wanted one that would hold my laptop on a plane trip, was reflective for walking home from my bus stop in the dark, was not too large, with outside holders for the above mentioned personal coffee cup and umbrella.

This SwissGear Computer Backpack is perfect. It was inexpensive and attractive. It seems pretty well built for the price and holds far more than I expected. I also discovered that walking without fussing with a shoulder bag was more balanced. I started hopping off my bus earlier and walking the rest of the way to work.

If you are looking for a snazzy professional backpacking bag this is not it. But for the average bus or MAX commute, it's great. It's easy to slip the straps on and off and has a neat hand hold on top.

No comments: