Monday 13 December 2010

PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Limited Edition

I will not get into the details about privacy issues - since other reviewers already got on the topic. I'm not saying that's not important - I'm just reviewing the rest of the product.

As an amateur photographer I have been a Pro X3 Photoshop user for more than 10 years and I love it. PaintShop photo works well with a Windows7 machine and I even asked another photographer friend to check it out and he was well pleased with the effects and available photo manipulation scenarios. Unlike other reviewers, I found the software to be working fast. Our conclusion: Photoshop (and it doesn't hurt to add Lightroom) still rules, if you have the money get it over this one.

If you want a free software or you are just getting into Photography, get Gimp which is available for free over the internet, at least for the beginning. Then, if you don't think you want to get too sophisticated with pictures, get this one - at below $50 it is still very attractive.

No comments: